Monday 1 December 2014

12th green drainage days 3-6

Thursday and Friday last week was miserable. Wet, damp and muddy, however the team battled through it to continue with the 12th drainage. A great effort by all.
All trenches dug and back filled, turf replaced and the surface of the green tidied. 
This week we are connecting all greens drains to the outlet via wet areas around the green. 
These are being dug by excavator as we want larger trenches. All trenches are laser levelled and once complete turf will be returned. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Im the Head Greenkeeper at Malton and Norton Golf Club. I began my greenkeeping career at Malton and Norton Golf Club straight from school as an Assistant Greenkeeper. Wanting to climb the greenkeeping ladder I gained my NVQ level 2 and 3 at Askham Bryan College. I continued with my education gaining a HNC in golf course management and took the position of Deputy Head Greenkeeper at Malton and Norton Golf Club in 2005.In 2008 I was promoted to the position of Head Greenkeeper, leading a team of 6 hard working and dedicated Greenkeepers. Our aim is to continue to improve the condition of the course year on year maintaining our high reputation within the area.